River Tubing - Soak in Summer
River tubing is simple, fun and affordable. A comfortable river tube, a gorgeous stretch of river and a great lunch — the perfect way to spent a hot summer day. And we make it easy!
River & Trail Outfitters offers river tubing only one hour from Washington DC and Baltimore beltways. Located near Harpers Ferry where Virginia, Maryland and West Virginia meet, we are adventure central for visitors from all over the region.
With three different trips and several package options to choose from, anyone can find the perfect adventure to match the needs of every time and budget.
Choose the trip that's right for you:
- Antietam Creek Tubing Beginner whitewater with a guide who knows the history of the area and
a ton about the local wildlife and plants. The tour lasts approximately 4-5 hours, and the Antietam creek flows beneath a canopy of trees making this trip great for a hot, sunny summer day. The Washingtonian Magazine calls this the, "Best Summer Outdoor Activity."
- Shenandoah River Tubing Float down the scenic Shenandoah River at the edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains. This self-guided trip lets you choose your own pace. Book on the weekdays for a cheaper price and avoid the weekend rush. Post lunch
Canoeing & Kayaking available on site.
- Potomac River Tubing Looking for a little more excitement than your average tubing trip? This whitewater river tubing excursion passes through three different states. There are many great natural and historical views including Harpers Ferry, Maryland and Loudoun Heights.
- River tubing packages offering multi-sport and even multi-day adventures at great savings.
- Rock-N-River Parties combining river tubing with a private session at our climbing wall and a great personalized lunch.
Adventures Beyond Tubing
River & Trail Outfitters are the river tubing experts of the mid-atlantic region, but we offer so much more. Visit our River & Trail Outfitters website about rafting, kayaking, canoeing and more to learn about these fantastic outdoor adventure options:
- C & O Canal Biking — Bike Rentals, Shuttles, Cycling Tours
- Whitewater Rafting — Virginia Rafting, West Virginia Rafting, Maryland Rafting, Fall Color Rafting. Also check out our high adventure Dam Release White water trips.
- Hiking — Day Hiking, Multi-day Hikes, Hiking Shuttles
- Kayaking — Kayak Rentals, Kayak Lessons, Kayak Rolling Lessons, Kayak Tours
- Canoeing — Canoe rentals, Canoe Tours, Canoe Lessons
- Teambuilding — Rafting, Cycling, Orienteering, Custom
- Rock-N-River Parties — Private Climbing Wall, Custom Cakes, Private Catered Lunch & Float Trip
- Winery & Brewery Tasting Adventures — Canoeing or Kayaking Trips